Connect to Christ
Connect to Christ
Jesus Christ wants to connect with you. In fact, He’s standing at the door of your heart knocking, just waiting for you to answer and invite Him in (Revelation 3:20). He wants to change your heart. He wants to give you the gift of salvation and eternal life. If you’re ready to invite Him in, you can. Here’s how:
- Please read the following scripture, and confess before God that you are a sinner and you need a change of heart:
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” -Romans 3:23
- Next, read the following scriptures, and tell God that you believe in Him, you want to give Him your life, and you want to receive the gift of salvation through His Son, Jesus Christ
“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” -Romans 6:23
“If you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.” -Romans 10:9-10
- Finally, take a few minutes to prayerfully thank God for the gift of salvation and for the change He has made within your heart.
At Priority, we are so happy for you! You may not fully realize it right now, but your heart has been changed. You will see the evidence of this change in your heart and life very soon. You see, God has forgiven you of all of your sins-past, present, and future sins-and now He resides within your heart through His Spirit. Through the indwelling work of His Spirit, He is beginning-right now-a new work in your heart and life.
Because you have become a Christian, we want to encourage you to take your first steps of faith in obedience to Christ by:
- Telling someone about it. You’ve just read in Romans 10:9-10 that you need to confess Christ as your Lord and Savior. You’ve done this privately in prayer. Now you need to confess your new relationship with Him publicly.
- Seeking to follow Christ in baptism. Baptism is simply another way to publicly profess your faith in Christ. It symbolizes your “death” to self, and your new life in Christ. Jesus Himself was baptized in obedience to God, and you’ll want to follow His example. God will bless your obedience.
- Becoming a member of a Christ-centered, Bible-believing church. Ask God to lead you to a loving, healthy church where you’ll be spiritually fed, where you can enjoy friendship and fellowship with other Christians, and where you can also serve Him effectively.
We’d love to hear about your change of heart. Email and let us know you’ve connected to Christ. We want to rejoice with you and pray for you. God bless you as you begin your new life in Christ!