Guest Posting Guidelines
We are often asked if we accept guest posts on the Glo Girl Blog. The answer is sometimes. With three regular writers, we don’t have a need for weekly guest posts, and frankly, screening and processing guest posts can often be very time-consuming. However we also know that many of you have amazing, biblically-based insight to offer our readers, and we don’t want to miss out on that either! The bottom line is that our blog exists to be a place of spiritual encouragement for women, and sometimes the very best encouragement comes from our readers, not from us!
So if you are interested in submitting a guest post, we first recommend that you subscribe to the Glo Girl Blog yourself! (Obviously, right?!). Follow us for a few months to familiarize yourself with our ministry. Then, feel free to send us your best stuff! Here’s how:
- Your post, in following the spirit and mission of Priority Ministries, should encourage and equip women to give God glory and priority in their everyday lives.
- Your post must be original and not previously published online or in print.
- You agree not to publish your article anywhere else, including your own blog or Web site. You are encouraged, however, to post a brief “tease” or summary on your site that links to the post and to promote your post on social media.
- Your submission should be “skirt length” – long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to be interesting. (Usually between 500-800 words).
- All Scripture references must include translation (Example: John 3:16 NIV).
- You must include a suggested title.
- You may provide a suggested image(s) if you desire (with attribution) so long as it is royalty-free.
- Include a brief bio (two or three sentences) and a head shot. Your bio may include social media links.
- How you go about encouraging women to give God glory and priority is up to you. You are free to be creative with your style, format and voice.
- Email your submissions to Priority’s Executive Editor. Please include the post in the body of the e-mail. DO NOT include it as an attachment.
- Please allow up to one month for a response. If you have not heard back in a month, feel free to follow up.
- Submissions will be accepted at the sole discretion of the Editor.
- Submissions that require extensive editing will not be considered.
- Your submission cannot be an advertisement for your product or the equivalent of a sponsored post. [Information on sponsored posts is coming soon].
- If your submission is rejected, the Editor is not obligated to provide an explanation.
- Please do not re-submit an article unless the Editor has requested an edited submission. You may, however, submit an entirely different piece for consideration.
- If your submission is accepted, you agree that copy editing, formatting, and/or any other changes that need to be made will be done at the sole discretion of the Editor. This includes (but is not limited to) title, subheadings, content clarification, photos, scheduling, and possible editorial commentary before or after your post.
Thanks so much for your interest in writing for the Glo Girl Blog! We can’t wait to hear from you!