Get Down Glo Girls
A Glo Girl Blog Accountability Group
To help you (and me) lose 20 lbs. in 10 weeks!
Here’s the scoop:
Who? The Get Down Glo Girls group is open to all women. Invite a friend to participate with you, and you’ll receive even more encouragement and accountability!
When & Where? Every Monday on the Glo Girl Blog. Starts today; ends Monday, Nov. 19.
What? For the next 10 weeks, Get Down Glo Girls will commit to:
- Spend time with God in prayer and in the Word daily.
- Eat healthy and keep a daily food journal 6 days a week (day 7 is a free day not a binge day),
- Set a daily calorie limit and record calories 6 days a week (see my P.S. below for a great online option).
- Exercise 30 min. to 1 hr. 4-5x per week.
- Weigh-in every Monday, and record how much weight you lose/gain in your food journal.
- Post a comment each Monday to my Get Down Glo Girls blog article.
NOTE: Every Monday, I will post my quiet time/food/calorie/exercise journal and the amount of weight I’ve lost or gained. I may even add a few low-cal recipes and some good tips, too.
- To lose weight.
- To gain a healthier body, mind, and spirit.
- To give and receive encouragement.
- To participate in an accountability group.
- To develop a 1 Cor. 10:31 lifestyle that glorifies God:
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” 1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV
The how is really up to you. You may choose to do a high-protein diet, a gluten-free diet, a Weight Watchers Points based diet, etc. The type of exercise you choose is up to you, too. Walking, running, doing exercise videos, going to the gym, etc. Whatever floats your boat.
Personally, I will be doing a regular-food diet – nothing special, just eating healthy meals and snacks, curbing my portion size, and counting calories. And as for exercise, I’ll be doing a combination of cardio (elliptical machine), light weights, and floor exercises.
I will also be limiting myself to 1200 calories per day. You need to set a calorie limit, too. But please note: Most professionals do not recommend consuming less than 1100 calories per day. See additional disclaimer below.
Ready to become a Get Down Glo Girl with me? Then here’s how to get started:
- Spend time with God in prayer and in His Word today. Offer your body to the Lord as a living sacrifice (Rom. 12:1). Commit to pursuing a 1 Cor. 10:31 lifestyle, and ask Him to fill and empower you to glorify Him in everything you eat and drink.
- Begin your food journal today. Just keep a list of everything you eat and your calorie count. You can do this in a notebook or online (see my P.S. below for a great online source).
- Plan your meals for the remaining week. You know what happens when you don’t have a meal plan don’t you? You end up in the drive-thru line at Whataburger that’s what. 🙂
- Get a plan for your exercise, and begin working your plan. And when your flesh tells you that you’re too tired to exercise or that you need to watch TV for a just a few more minutes, remind it that “you have no obligation to do what your sinful nature urges you to do” (Rom. 8:12 NLT).
- Post (at least) these two words as a comment today: “I’m in.” Wanna post more than just those two words? Awesome, please do!
Now for a confession: 10+ years ago, at God’s prompting and by God’s help, I lost 40 pounds. My friend, Christy, and I partnered together for one entire year, and she lost weight, too.
Christy and I kept weekly food/calorie/exercise journals, and we exchanged our lists with each other on Sundays – she took my list, and I took hers. We also had a weekly weigh-in. For one entire year, we prayed for each another, encouraged one another, and were accountable to each other. It was a glorious, God-blessed year.
Fast forward to today, and I’m ashamed to tell you that I’ve gained back 30 of those 40 pounds. But once more, God in His infinite mercy and grace is prompting me to do something about it. And I believe He wants me to do it with you (which, kinda scares me a little bit because for the next 10 weeks you’re going to find out every calorie I consume and every pound I lose — or gain – yikes!).
So, consider this my personal invitation to you to join me for Get Down Glo Girls, a 10-week/20-pound God-glorifying, accountability building, weight-loss adventure right here every Monday on the Glo Girl Blog. Can’t wait to see what He’s going to do in your life and mine over the next 10 weeks!
Your Get Down Glo Girl sister,
P. S. There are tons of free calorie counters/food journals online. A great one I found is caloriescount.com. It’s free, and it includes a calorie calculator, exercise (calories burned) calculator, online food diary, diet meal plans, and more. Check it out!
Disclaimer: Before starting this or any other diet or fitness program, consult your physician. Do not start Get Down Glo Girls or any diet or fitness program if your physician or health care provider advises against it.